You need to create an account on our site and then log into create your online profile. This is the only way to be on our books. We do not accept CVs sent through by email. Watch this video here to see how to create your online profile. On your profile you need to make sure you complete the following:
- A full introduction/description of yourself this acts like a mini covering letter. Parents always feedback to us that they read these in full so first impressions are everything!
- In order for your profile to be approved by our team you need to fill in at least your two last childcare jobs. We understand that some nannies work temporary contracts or have over 20 years of experience but we still need to see a snapshot of your work history and how long you have stayed in jobs.
- Special Skills – do you speak a second language? Are you a great chef? Do you play musical instruments? Love pets? Anything else you think is important to working within a household note it down!
- Your photo – dont forget a nice smiling photo – a photo speaks a thousand words as they say !
After you complete a profile we will send you an automated video interview to complete. You can do this in your own time in the comfort of your own home. This is an important step in joining our network – we want to hear how much you love your work and spending time with children. Your experience on your CV is valid but we also want to hear it from you.
This is exactly why we use these videos as we find many nannies dont get interviews only based on their CV. We want to give you as many opportunities for jobs as possible and our experiments have shown how useful the videos are for this. However, you of course have a choice in what information is made publicly available.
Once your profile is approved and video is complete we will send a request to your references. This is via an online link that you can forward to them and takes them just two minutes to answer on a very simple form rather than having to write anything.
Unlike agencies, we do everything online. Unlike other platforms we have a strict selection process so that we can offer parents the best nannies in London in a secure way. For example, We dont just ask for a piece of paper/pdf as a reference. We find this system a little outdated, not safe, and also many references have the contact details of parents alongside the name of their children visible which is a big issue for data protection. Some nannies even send through hand written references which are just illegible. We are fully digital, secure and transparent in our process.
The feedback we constantly have from parents is how annoying this is to have several phone calls about the same nanny – usually disrupting their day. By using our short form, parents can fill in the details in their own time, taking about only 5-10 minutes and the answers provide us enough information.
We take confidentiality very seriously. On your profile we only have your first name (not your surname) and the first part of your postcode (so that you can be matched with jobs as local as possible). When you apply to a job on our site it is up to you at this stage what details you send over to parents. Nothing is sent over on your behalf – the application is always made by you so you can decide what to include.
Your application is sent to the parents who will receive your profile information and your contact details. It is then their decision if they wish to call or email you for an interview. We really recommend having a scanned copy on file of all your documents ready. We can also follow up for you on this when you need just get in touch to ask us.
This is a security step. We offer parents an honest and transparent service – and this is reflected in every nanny displaying a photo of themselves on their profile. Parents like to be able to see a photo of nannies before inviting them for interview and your profile will not be approved until you provide us a clear headshot of yourself.
- Minimum 21 years of age
- Fluent English skills both writing and speaking
- Minimum 2 years childcare experience
- Special skills such as cooking or creative skills
- We love a second language!
- DBS and First Aid